*Aster*

Monday, March 12, 2007

Moving and the blizzard

For my birthday back in December, I was planning to have some friends over to help me pack as my move was scheduled for two days afterwards. As it turned out, we had a blizzard instead. Here's a photo of my sole reinforcement showing up with groceries to get snowed in with me.

He even brought a homemade birthday cake.



Here are a couple of shots of the aftermath. Yes, that drift is halfway up the garage door and there were things in there that had to go to the new house. Fortunately, I was smart enough to park my car on the street rather than in the garage.

We did finish packing and the move did happen, largely due to my real estate agent and her well-paid snow blower guy. What I'm missing is a photo of the moving truck stuck up to it's axle at my new place. One of my new neighbors came over, not to welcome me to the neighborhood, but to ask when we were moving the truck. He's just lucky they got the truck out that day at all. I have a feeling that neighbor will be missing out on any fabulous parties I'm throwing in the next few years.

A big thanks to Ballpoint Wren for the shove I needed to get things going again. I promise more soon, including the thing that was consuming my life and kept me from saying anything at all.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer Kim said...

hey, thanks for the comment, Leslie! I will take your advice and see how it goes. :)

so jealous that you live in Colorado... it's high on my list of places to visit.

cheers!
jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Safer Toy Guide 2008