*Aster*

Monday, March 12, 2007

Infertile or maybe not

For a long time now, I've thought of myself as an infertile person. I stopped using birth control in 1998, nine years ago. My ex and I tried hard to have a baby. We went as far as IVF. Twice. The second time was at the top rated clinic in the country for my age group. Nothing worked for us. Our diagnosis was officially unexplained, but everything pointed to me.

Fast forward through all of the heartache, failure, separation, and divorce to late last summer. I started seeing a new guy and I liked him. We discussed that the only way we'd have a family was through donor egg or adoption and that it was something we'd talk about seriously some day in the future. Six months later we found out that I was a month pregnant. Have I mentioned that I'm forty-two (forty-one at the time) years old and infertile?

I'm nineteen weeks along now. Everything is good with the baby. We've finally told everyone. I was sick for a short while. That photo of the birthday cake in the last photo? I can't believe I was able to eat a piece of it. Food was not my friend during that time (and I won't even mention how brutal the move was). But aside from that, I've felt great.

I'm offically thrilled (and still a little freaked out).

2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an exciting turn of events! You must have been floored when you found out about the pregnancy. I bet the move nearly did you in, you must have been exhausted. Well done.

p.s. I found Dogster through your site and love it, thanks for sharing

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations mama!!! :)

Parker @

http://divinedomesticity.herhangout.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Safer Toy Guide 2008